Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grandma's great!

I will be forever thankful to my mom who came and stayed with us to help out John and me as we figured out this whole parenting thing. Originally she was just coming for 3 weeks, but we really wanted her to stay longer. So, James and I came up with a plan that if he would come a little earlier than planned maybe Grandma would have to come early as well. It worked! James was born 6 days early and my mom came in a week early, giving us 4 whole weeks with her. Score! She was here just long enough for James to get on a fairly consistent schedule and sleeping longer at night (Our record so far is straight 5 hours! Yay!) , making things very manageable for me.
It was so great to have her here to help take care of James and me as I recovered. It was so much fun just to have her around to visit with all day. She and James had special time each morning while Mommy got an extra little bit of sleep after long nights of feeding. While James won’t be able to remember this special time, I will always cherish it. Living so far away from any family, we were so blessed that both my mom and dad were able to come see James so early in his life.

Here are just a few special memories of James with his Grandma:









No comments: