As of this past Wednesday, James is 2 months old! I still can’t believe we’ve had this wonderful little guy in our lives for two months already!
He currently weighs 11 lbs and is 22 ½ inches long. He’s in the 50th percentile, which considering that neither of his parents is exactly tall is right where he should be. At his two month check-up, James received two shots. He was such a champ! We were preparing ourselves for a rough day with a fussy baby, but he was great!
In the past month, James has grown so much and learned so many new things. He has found his mobile above his crib, and continues to love the mirror next to his changing table. He also is enjoying his play gym much more. It’s so cute to watch him stare up at and talk to all the dangling toys. He has also started cooing - this is a very welcomed form of communication that is much preferred over his previously only knowing how to cry.
Our favorite thing that James has started doing recently is smiling! Whether it’s in the middle of a diaper change or while we’re playing with him, nothing is better than seeing that sweet little face light up with a big smile at you! I have to confess, we don’t have very many pictures of him smiling yet. I’m pretty sure the first week or so that he was smiling, we were just so busy melting that we didn’t even think to get out the camera! I’ve tried a few times lately, but he’s a bit camera shy. I’ve included a couple that I’ve gotten, but will soon post some better ones when I get them.
If you’re interested, here’s a link to pictures we took over the past month.
![]() |
| 2nd month |

2 comments:
He is SOOO cute!! I wish we were there to hold him and play with him. Give him a big hug for me and tell him his Aunt Janelle loves him!
i love the smiling pictures. i'm glad you two are enjoying parenthood so much. it's amazing how these little ones just completely steal our hearts! :) God sure is good to us! :)
Post a Comment