If you know me well at all, you know that I am not a camper. My mother taught me that staying in a cheap motel is camping. I don’t like sleeping outside, I don’t like eating outside (unless it’s at a sidewalk café), and I hate feeling dirty. My poor husband loves camping. Since we’ve been married, he’s wanted to take me camping. I very stubbornly resisted…until this past weekend.
This past weekend, we headed to the desert with some of our best friends and went camping. The landscape was beautiful. We had a Bedouin guide take us around and show us many of the sites from Lawrence of Arabia. That night we stayed at his Bedouin campsite and he made a dinner in the ground, yes in the ground. Being out in the middle of nowhere in the desert, the sky was so clear. The stars were amazing!
The guys had fun rock climbing. Can you see them up there doing their Rocky pose?
James enjoyed some rock climbing as well.
James, chilling at the Bedouin campsite.
We’d been planning this trip for some time. We thought we’d chosen the weekend that would have the best weather. About a week ago, it was sunny and beautiful! Well, a couple days before our trip the weather turned. It was freezing cold!! Poor little James! He had to sleep with his mittens and his hat (courtesy of Graunt Pam) on.
In summary, we are insane! John and I waited 4 years to go camping together – we waited until we could take our 6 month old baby, our friends’ 11 month old baby, our pregnant friend… and it was FREEZING cold. However, all and all it was a great trip. We had a great time and made wonderful memories with our sweet friends that we will miss so much when we leave here! We love you, Hawkins!!! Thanks for a wonderful weekend!
3 comments:
You say you don't like camping but you did it beautifully! Eyeliner and all!! Thanks for a fun weekend! Love you guys!
Looks like it was an awesome time! :) You guys are making some great memories together :) You are very brave though! :)
If you're ever going to go camping this is the place to do it. Some of our best memories are there too!
Post a Comment