Saturday, May 31, 2008

Waterfalls, Warthogs, and Hippos




After John's classes were over, we took a few vacation days and went down to Livingstone, home of Victoria Falls. Wow! It was so beautiful!! Our God is so big! It was so refreshing to get to spend some time in such a beautiful place. Anyone could appreciate the falls, but especially those of us that live in the desert! I'm pretty sure we saw more water go by in one hour than our country sees in a year!


Our hotel was actually inside a wildlife reserve. So, when we arrived at the hotel, we had a few locals to greet us in the round-about.



The next day, we crossed the border into Botswana. There we went on a safari boat ride and drive through Chobe National Park. This is something I have always wanted to do since I remember my Grandma & Grandpa showing me pictures of their safari. It was everything I had hoped! We had a blast!It was so cool to get up close to those animals. As John might tell you, we got a little too close for comfort (in my opinion) to one of the young male elephants, a little scary, but super fun! God sure was creative when making all these guys. Who knew that crocodiles would live 140 years or that elephants talk to each other through stomach grumbles! The hippos were definitely my favorite. They are huge!!


Which animal is your favorite?

No comments: