Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby's 1st Picture

We had another doctor’s appointment last week. So far, so good. Right now, I’m 7 weeks and 2 days. The doctor says our due date is Sept. 21st. We still have a long way to go, but are so excited! We had another ultrasound, and were able to SEE our sweet little one! I know the picture isn’t exactly great, but I figured I’d put it up here anyway. It’s our baby’s first picture! We were also able to see his/her heartbeat! Our God is so amazing!







Right now, I understand that Baby King is about the size of a blueberry, double the size he/she was last week! I suppose that accounts for how tired and sick mommy’s been feeling. I’m very thankful that I haven’t been terribly sick. I just seem to feel pretty awful all the time. I’d love to get my hands on the man (I guarantee it was a man!) that came up with the name for morning sickness! It should be called 24/7 1st trimester sickness. Anyway, I’m sure once I hold that little baby in my arms, I’ll completely forget ever feeling bad and be ready to do it all again. That’s how it works, right? I think that’s another one of our Father’s miracles. In the meantime, John has been wonderful, picking up the slack around the house and dealing with an often cranky wife.



We greatly appreciate all of you remembering us and our little one on the way. We know that every step of this is a miracle from our Father, and are so thankful to get to be experiencing such a miracle!

4 comments:

Sharon Grover said...

what a cute little blueberry you have there!! yes, it is all worth all the queasiness! i'm glad everything is off to a great start! Can't wait to see your little blueberry grow!! Can you believe that eventually your blueberry will be the size of pumpkin... :o)

Lucy said...

Congratulations. I'm sure there's a baby in that photo somewhere, though right now it looks more like a hurricane tracking map.

emily said...

I am so thrilled for you both! I clearly remember how terrible I felt for 9 weeks but it's amazing how one day all of a sudden it stops and you feel better... I'm praying that that day will be soon for you! And I would do it all again in a heartbeat, it's totally worth it. Congratulations, we still miss you guys :)

Suzanne said...

While it doesn't always stop for everyone, the sickness will end eventually. Gingerale helped me ... can you get that where you are? Probably anything with ginger in it can help. Gingersnaps. :) Let me know if I need to prepare a care package for you - I'd be happy to do that! Keeping you in my conversations with Father ...