We’ll be heading to the States in just a couple weeks for my sister’s wedding!! We are so excited to get to see so many of our family and friends!!!! It’s been a year and a half since John’s seen any of his family! We miss our family so much and can’t wait for some time with them.
Of course we’ve been working on our shopping list for while we’re there. I’ve also registered at Target and Babies R Us, but I would LOVE any mommy input on stuff I should pick up for little James while we’re in the States.
What’s your favorite diaper rash cream?
What’s the one thing you and your baby couldn’t live without?
How do you keep baby warm through a really cold winter?
I would greatly appreciate any advice you experienced moms could offer! Thanks!
3 comments:
I really like Boudreaux's Butt Paste.
For really cold nights....dress them in fleece and purchase a space heater!
What’s your favorite diaper rash cream?
Balmex. We have only tried a few others. Desitin Creamy and Aveeno. I like Balmex the best because it's very light, easy to wipe off, and protects well.
What’s the one thing you and your baby couldn’t live without?
That's hard question, I think most we could live without - what makes life easier would be her changing table, diaper genie (although the diaper champ is more economical), and pacifier. Sorry. I know you said just one. I picked the changing table, because it is really nice not having to bend over awkwardly and try to manage a mess at the same time and doing that several times a day. Can I throw teething tablets and Tylenol in here?
How do you keep baby warm through a really cold winter?
Is as space heater an option? We used one for Kaylen room. You might want to consider a microfleece sleep halo. We also kept Kaylen swaddled, so if you get some good blankets that should help. I suggest getting large size blankets (suggested size is 42 inches by 42 inches) - the receiving blankets will be okay when the baby is first born, but they will be too small eventually. when kd was in the NICU, the nurses would swaddle her with two blankets to get her nice and toasty. We also used the swaddleme blankets which you can buy in mircofleece. For the car seat, you might want to try a JJ Cole Original Bundle Me. They keep the baby pretty warm while out and about. I haven't looked at your registry, but those would be my suggestions. I think doubling up the blankets is probably going to be the best bet inside the home.
Hey Angela,
Ashleigh here (Sara and Allen's Ashleigh). And there is something we absolutely cannot live without with Grayson. It's called the Itzbeen timer. It has 4 separate timers on it and it measures the time inbetween feeding, sleeping, diapers, etc. It's really helpful not to have to write everything down, especially in the middle of the night. You just hit the button, and you always know how long "it's been". We are now buying them for all our expectant friends. You can get it in the Target baby section. It's about $25, but worth every penny.
Enjoy your trip!
Post a Comment