Friday, May 1, 2009

Boy or Girl?!


Grandma (my mom) sent these gifts when we first found out we were pregnant. We'll see which one Baby King is going to get to wear!

So, we went for our appointment a few weeks ago, but the umbilical cord was in the way, so we couldn’t tell the sex of our little one! We have been anxiously awaiting this next appointment so that we can finally find out! Our appointment is on Monday at 2pm!!

This extra few weeks of waiting has brought upon many guesses from friends and family. My language teacher took one look at our last ultra sound picture (the same one that’s on the blog), and declared “It’s a boy!” Well, I said “Since the doctor couldn’t tell, I don’t really think you can!” Anyway, she’s certain; I think it was something about the baby having a big head. Ha! Another Arab friend told me that I look very beautiful pregnant (so sweet!), so that means I must be carrying a girl. Hmm… Yet another friend is certain that the way I’m carrying reveals that there’s a little girl in there. So, Monday, shall reveal it all!

In the mean time, I’ve been quite busy reading everything I can get my hands on about pregnancy, babies, and parenting. So far, I’ve read What to Expect When You’re Expecting, What to Expect the 1st Year, and The Baby Whisperer. I’m eating it up, and would love more suggestions. Please let me know if there’s something you’ve read that’s been particularly helpful.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Angela, my favorite book on birth is Dr. Sears' The Birth Book. I read this before every delivery!

The Hawkins said...

YEAH!!! Can't wait to find out what little baby king is!!

Sharon Grover said...

The DVD The Happiest Baby was as pretty good to watch and we def. have benefited from using his tips. We also bought the CD which use every day.. kaylen falls asleep to the rain track but the other track did help to calm her down at times. it's not a fix all, but the techniques do work. Here is the website: http://thehappiestbaby.com/ and this was probably the most helpful if you are going to put your baby on a schedule: Preparation for Parenting - Bring God's Order to Your Baby's Day and Restful Sleep to your Baby's Night by Gary & Anne Marie Ezzo. It was given to us by someone at our church.

We Three Kings said...

Thanks, Ladies!