Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Baby Update

We're nearing the pregnancy finish line with just about 4 weeks left until our due date! We had an appointment yesterday with our doctor and everything is looking great!
I don't think I've mentioned it on here, but just after we got back from the States, we found out that I have gestational diabetes. It's no fun, but really not all that bad. I have to watch my diet pretty closely, staying away from sweets, carbs, and most other fun things you can think of. I also have to give myself an insulin shot every night. Yuck.
With gestational diabetes, babies tend to be very big; there tends to be a lot of extra amniotic fluid in the womb; and it can put them at higher risk for having diabetes themselves. However, we’ve been able to keep things under control, and my doctor says that my diabetes is not affecting little James at all!! From our appointment yesterday, it looks like James is weighing in around 5 ½ lbs which is perfectly normal and healthy!! The amniotic fluid is also at a very normal level. We’re so thankful!! The doctor also assured us that he is still head down and should be ready to come right around his expected date. We are so thankful for the Father’s provision in taking care of James and giving me such a good pregnancy. Thanks so much to all of you that have been lifting us up! He’s hearing you!! Thanks!!

No comments: